Friday, April 09, 2010

Chapter 7, Day 8

Pardon my missing a few days, but I didn't really think you guys would want to know what I did on my non-school days because it wasn't much but work and study...
So, last night... Last night was good. We started in on parasitic infections and shellfish contamination and all I can say is, people need to stop pooping. Every infectious, food-borne illness that I have learned about in the last 2 weeks has something to do with poo. People don't wash their hands and have poo on them, they make you sick. People poo a lot and the water isn't treated correctly, the plants and animals get sick and then YOU get sick. All the way down to shellfish... they have toxins that stem from contaminated water that can make you sweat, then puke, then twitch, and then forget that the whole thing even happened (which, if I were going to get sick, I suppose that is how I'd want it to happen). Like I said before, the odds are in your favor that you won't get sick, but jeez.
Well, that's what I learned last night... people and animals poo too much. Oh yeah, and I got a 97 on my first test :)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes. People and animals poo way too much. If I'm not cleaning up the girls' poo, I'm cleaning up the dogs' poo. I hate poo.

Jen said...

So, funny story, I've been sick to my stomach for about 2 weeks now ... thought it was stress, thought it was a virus, thought I might even be prego. None of the above. After a trip to the ER and puking my guts out (and other ends of my body) and a series of tests that take 2 days to gather results, I have Giardiasis ... yeah, basically I somehow ingested someone's poo about a month ago ... I have a main line to the health department should I be able to remember where I might have eaten to get me to this point. Oh yeah, and Mike has it too.

I too am done with poo ...

Ames said...

Ahh Giardia Deuodenosis... that's a good one... you're looking in your mind for contaminated water or produce... that's pretty much all you got... sorry you got sick... from what i've read, it isn't fun.