Friday, April 02, 2010

Chapter 7, Day 2

So, phew... got the first day under my belt and it's all good. However, since the class I go to on Thursday nights only meets one day a week for three hours and forty minutes, we took the obligatory 30 minute "this is who I am and this is the syllabus" time and then we dove right in to the wonderful world of Food Sanitation... let me tell you that it is safer not to eat and starve to death than it is to actually put food in your mouth... well, not statistically speaking, but who really likes any situation where the odds are one to anything that you'll get intestinal infections, vomiting, bloody stool, and severe abdominal cramps (or maybe even dead)? And it doesn't matter if it is flora or fauna... everything can be contaminated. Luckily though, I'm not one of those people who tend to worry about stuff like that (obviously) so it doesn't really bother me all that much. I'm pretty sure I've survived a few food 'taintings' in my day.
So, anyway, I hope to keep this blog rolling with all kinds of pathogen-induced, food-borne illness stories to keep the general population in a frenetic state for as long as I can. Why? Because I can :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, will you learn how to properly and safely prepare blowfish? :)