Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chapter 7, Day 24

Wow, what a difference a few weeks makes. When I first started this endeavor, Saturdays really killed me. I am just not used to being on my feet all day and having to stand in one spot or even run around like a controlled-chaos idiot. Not to mention the fact that my shoes are most likely a half-size too small (but it's too late now). I would get to the end of class and look for any reason I could to sit down... usually it was after we ate and I would go outside to smoke and sit down (bearing in mind that this is the only allowable break in our day). But really that only made it worse. Go sit for 7 minutes and every joint and muscle in your lower body just seizes up and it makes walking just that much more painful.
Today, I didn't succumb to the temptation... today was actually the first time I didn't feel like I needed to. Don't get me wrong, my feet still hurt like a... ahem... well, they hurt really bad, but it's getting better. It's getting more tolerable. It's becoming ok.
Honestly, that was my only doubt about being able to do this... the physical part... but I've since realized that I'm doing way better than some people who are 10 years younger than me and in much better shape... I'm gonna be ok. It's really going to happen.

Peace

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Go Amy! Go Amy! Go Amy!