Thursday, October 19, 2006

How many licks does it take???


You know, the longer I do this management thing, the more suprised I am by the dynamic change in human behavior in just the last few years. I have a young lady that works for me who is marginal at best. You give her something to do and she does it... But, don't give her a task, and that's exactly what you get. Now I know most of you pretty well. I've worked with most of you for an extended period of time. I feel like we knew when it was ok to screw around and we definitely knew when it was time to kick it in... right???

These freakin' kids that I have working for me are insane. All they want is a paycheck and to be able to call in at least once a month. Even in my drunkest days I maybe, just maybe, called in 1 time for a hangover. In fact, I'm taken back to New Year's Day 1996 when just the night before I downed almost an entire bottle of Tequila, passed out at 3 am and still managed to drag my still-drunk self in to TRU at 7:30 in the morning and that Bi!&H Phyllis Jackson made me re-work the plush aisle.

But you know what, I did it. I didn't whine about it... I just freakin' did it. These kids are weak... I blame the parents.

Do you know that I heard on the radio this morning that some stupid place somewhere in Boston has a school board that is actually considering banning Tag (yeah, the game) at recess because it is dangerous and the school might get sued if one of the precious children got hurt???


It hurts...

(warning: these are the mad rants of a sociopath who just doesn't seem to know why the world works the way that it does. Prices are as published and do not include tax, tags, license, or other government fees. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited.)

Whoops! I just turned "old"

Much love,
Harris

No comments: