Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Pepper Infused Vodka

So, I have had several requests for this (okay, pretty much just from Amber) so here's how you do it:

Take two jalepenos, two cerano peppers and cut them lengthwise twice (into 4 strips)... leave the seeds and all in them.
Drop them into a bottle of vodka (I used a 750mL bottle).
Close the lid tightly and leave it. My recipe was left for 4 days (the longer you leave it, the hotter it gets).
After soaking, pour through a strainer into a pitcher with a spout and then pour back into your bottle.
Now you have pepper infused vodka.
Live large and don't forget the baby wipes!
a

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Boy I really wish I liked Bloody Marys. But ever since my mom packed a can of tomato juice in my lunch on a second grade field trip (when all the other kids had a refreshing can of soda) I HATE tomato juice. Maybe I'll give them another chance at next year's ski trip.

Anonymous said...

big Rhonda doesn't usually like vegetables of any sort...bot those bloody mary's are damn goooooood!!!

Lisa said...

You know. I realized this post isn't about bloody marys at all. Maybe Caroline was in my face while I was reading it. I don't drink hard liquor either. But not because my mom packed it in my lunch.

Philip Deskins said...

Geez, Harris what are ya trying to do, kill us?

Anonymous said...

oh but lisa, it is not only about bloody mary's, it's about the best damn bloody mary's...ames uses pepper infused vodka because the black pepper and horseradish just don't seem to be enough 'hot'

Lisa said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I see!