Sunday, February 25, 2007

The Oscars

Ellen... Purple Velvet
'nuff said

Or is it red velvet??? Who knows.

You know, the Oscars never really meant much to me... and they still don't.
The shadow dancers in the background of the main screen just made penguins... that was pretty cool. But anyway, all of these people who are already pretty much famous anyway are sitting through 4 hours of madness to find out if their 20% chance of winning will find them victorious. For what??? Just so that they can say that they are Academy Award Winners??? What the hell does that really mean anyway? They'll make an additional $20 millon on their next picture?? I'm sure they are hurting for money... I shouldn't bitch.
God... isn't Randy Newman dead yet??? I like James Taylor though.

Melissa Etheridge is a godess. She's not beautiful... she's not glamorous.... she's just beautifully herself. Enough with the 'carpet' jokes... she's got talent. (Side Note: I hate the politicalness of the whole ordeal as well. Go hang your picket signs somewhere else)

Hell is on earth... Al Gore is on my TV at the Oscars... with Leo DiCaprio. Did I mention the political crap already? I wish I had a gun... That announcement thing was pretty funny...

Ellen is funny... I don't like Cameron Diaz's hair... and her dress is too shiny. Were there only three animated movies this year? Was Happy Feet any good? I heard it was, but who can really tell? Who's this f#%king guy? Scarves are silly in tuxes... so are white bow ties on solid white shirts.

Can't really get past Ben Affleck in Mall Rats... Ahh the montage... what would an award show be without it. Jack Nicholson looks weird bald... don't you think?

Tom Hanks is so... witty. (of course i'm kidding)

This is crap. I'm going to bed. Enjoy the Oscars y'all.

2 comments:

Philip Deskins said...

Amy, if you go to bed now you'll miss the "Who died this year" montage! a.k.a. "The best part!" Hello!?

Anonymous said...

I thought Jack's bald head was rather fetching. he even got a good nod for it. Just sorry I missed the Jack Black, Will Ferrell, & John C Reilly bit, though.
MD