Friday, December 29, 2006

Good-bye 2006... So long

It isn't often that I am reminiscent about things... oh who the hell am I kidding, it's what I do...

2006 was one of those years... you know, the one that your parents tell you about when they say 'the older you get, the faster they pass you by.' I'm 31 now and every year truly does go by faster than the one before. Remember when we were just pups and we couldn't wait until the New Year's Eve party to get here so we could throw down? Not partying any harder than we usually did, but just a lot more f'in people. I recall one night at Bob-O-Link in the basement looking up at the ceiling (floor of the upstairs) thinking 'Holy Shit, I gotta get out of here' because I just new at any minute that floor was going to go and there I'd be smashed to bits by 50 drunk people... good times...

There are the things I'm thankful for:

  • Good friends who still love me after all my absentia
  • Good family who take care of me even though I drive them crazy
  • Good memories that I hope will last forever
  • And a really good life

There are things and people that I will miss:

  • SeƱor Robert (1995-2006)
  • James Brown (1933-2006)
  • Norma Jean (1995-2006)
  • Aaron Spelling (1923-2006)

And things that I will never do again:

  • Drink beer out of a pitcher at the ski trip (probably)
  • Try to cut ribbon off of the ceiling with a box cutter on a 12 foot airplane ladder

So, everyone... It is with fond adoration that I say 'Goodbye 2006' and it is with a windbreaker and goggles on that I say 'Hello 2007!'

It promises to be a helluva ride

love you all
Ames

3 comments:

Ms. Thomas said...

We'll love you through absentia and dimentia. That's what friends do!

Jen said...

I'm gonna need more updates from this blog - pretty please!

Ames said...

fine... i feel like such a failure...