Monday, January 02, 2012

Exposure
To hurt. To criticism. To rejection.
This is the fear that breaks me

I long to live beyond that
To become the body which
Lives within my soul

Such uncharted waters are these
Too long neglected
Too deeply buried in a sea of doubt

All the dreams have been crushed
Under an unyielding pressure
Placed upon my head

For just one moment,
I long to breathe again
Freely, as I once believed I could

I seem to feel a pulse returning
To my once shattered heart
Softly pounding as if to whisper, "hello?"

I wonder if anybody's home
To answer the faint call
Unafraid of opening that door again

Feeling the elements that surround
and breathing the fresh air
That the world outside so readily offers

To be exposed...

1 comment:

Ms. Thomas said...

AMY! I hate to say it, but you make tortured so pretty. Here's a virtual hug for you. And boobs... (.)(.)