Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Let Me Tell You About a Little Thing Called Fantasy Football

I got a call sometime in September... It was Phil and he wanted to know if I wanted to take back my spot (like 10 years removed) in the TRU Fantasy Football League... now, mind you, I had made a few meager attempts in the past to get back into it, but the league was always full, so, I was just sitting back, biding my time... waiting for someone to lose their mind. Little did I know that it would happen just like that.
Now, I'm not one to become easily addicted to things (I'll pause while you laugh your asses off), but this shit has got me sucked in. I find myself spending most of my free time on the internet reading stats, running scenarios over and over in my head, and bouncing back and forth between this player and that player (depending on whether or not I think they're worth playing that week). I listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN radio on my way to work. So far, I'm 6 and 3 so I don't think I'm wasting my time, but some might say that it has become a slight obsession (sorry baby). I get intensely involved in my games... watching football all day Sunday... staying up too late on Sunday AND Monday... it's horrible...

But I can quit at any time...

12 comments:

Jen said...

Jess and I need to form a support group. I HATE professional football and I HATE fantasy leagues. And, I'm marrying a die-hard Steelers fan that is currently toggling 3 fantasy leagues... Mike moved in over the summer and silly me thought that we could have productive Sundays when the Steelers weren't playing. WRONG. Have to keep up with fantasy standing, have to know who got hurt, blah, blah, blah...

So, Jess, call me anytime you need to vent...

Philip Deskins said...

Maybe you and Dave should merge and reunite the "Ice Dogs"

Anonymous said...

i used to like football...it's a nice sunday tradition...cold outside, pot roast going on the stove, football on the tv...but now...it's ALL DAMN DAY LONG...not only is it on the tv, it's the 2-3 windows she has open on her laptop to keep up with the games that aren't televised...

Jen - maybe we can start some sort of baking fantasy league with martha stewart and paula deen...

Jess

Anonymous said...

Jen and Jess! I totally want to join your support group. I just DO NOT GET football and fantasy football drives me crazy. David has gotten a lot better since we've been married. I can actually get him to do family outings on Sundays. Well if he was doing better maybe I wouldn't be able to.
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Jon, and I'm a Fantasy Football addict as well. While I recognize my addiction, I feel no need to confront it or anyone to tell me otherwise. Amy, you are wise in coming back to the Dark Side.

Ames said...

Dave, I think your wife just dissed you... You gonna stand for that?

Ames said...

Here you go ladies... talk to the WAFS

Ms. Thomas said...

You addicted? NEVER! Go Hell Hounds!

Ames said...

HOW YOU GONNA COME ON MY BLOG AND ROOT FOR THE HELL HOUNDS???

Philip Deskins said...

I agree! Go Hellhounds!

Anonymous said...

WTF??? There's no rooting on blog comment boards!!!

Ames said...

thank you Jon